Thursday, August 14, 2008

Avatar finale - Mysterious island forest


Avatar finale! Season 3 Episode 19... Fantastic finale, fantastic sequences, fantastic music!! The mysterious island top where Aang meditates before his final battle. First is the line drawing in separate layers, as designed for the board shot.

Then the I montaged the images AND toned for my portfolio since there was too much info on the foliage with the images combined ( I had to break the planes) . I pretty much based it on the morning lighting from the episode sequence where Aang reaches the top. I think I gave it a little more haze in my value version... I like chilly, hazy forests, kinda dreamy I think (since I grew up in a desert). Makes you think magical little creatures are going to come out & talk to you..

No comments: